Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Meanwhile, another distraction...

...although, this sort of distraction is a little more productive than my USUAL distractions from my creative projects.
While trying to do this FebComChall (see previous couple posts), a friend of mine who sings in a local blues band asked me to do a cover design for the CD they're working on.
So, that's a potentially cool gig.

Anyway, I've been hassling with that for the last few days.
I had some half-baked ideas... well, one actually... so I wasn't too thrilled with my progress, but in the last 24 hours I had some ideas that seemed...uh... MORE baked, and more practical as a "concept."
I even think I figured out a way to utilize the half-baked idea (at least for a concept) to good effect as a detail for my newer concepts.
Am I being suitably vague for you, gentle reader? Hahaha..!
Anyway, this is a good development since, you know, I have to see the customer this week.
Man, I've been so iffy on my output as an artist, I'm still pretty anxious on successfully pulling this off, but the situation is just the right combination of familiarity (I know the guy) and challenge (I don't know the rest of the band, so it IS like having a "real" client, plus my regular completion/deadline issues), that I'm fortunate to have this opportunity.

Speaking of which... I should get my ass back to working on this thing.
Right now, the trick is trying to figure out how to execute the ideas in my head into reality...

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment