Thursday, February 11, 2016

DAY 4: Holy Crap! I'm 56 today!

If you're wondering what "Day 4" is in reference to, you can look it up here.

Meanwhile, I've been very slowly trying to correct what little personal infrastructure I've already established on the internet.
A few years ago I considered starting a website and actually purchased a domain name for a year (I think) and enlisted the aid of a friend who did websites. Well, I never followed through on the content, so nothing came of it, and then I never renewed the domain name.
Which is fine, for a couple reasons: 1) it turns out the name I chose was being used by someone else, a business, actually; and 2) I didn't have any content, just ideas.
If I ever decide to attempt the personal website route again. I do have another name in mind. But, for now, I'm just going to work with what I've already started: three blogs (well, at least three...) that have been poorly maintained (to various degrees) since their various inceptions.

I've been trying to do some basic maintenance here the last couple days. Besides attempting to post some new content, I've tried to clean up and also make consistent some of the links and layouts of these furshlugginer things. Like, all three blogs now have easy links to each other in the top of the margin. My one blog had it, but the others didn't, so I fixed that. Then, during that process, I realized the one link I had to my film blog (Behold! The Wanna-be Filmmaker!/Full-time Name Dropper!) actually went to my OLD film blog at Livejournal. (But, what I really want to do is direct). So, really, a few very basic things have been neglected.

But, today IS my damn birthday!

So, I'm focusing on some other things today... like maybe going back to bed!

Stay tuned.




1 comment:

  1. Aw, thanks, Eileen! And thanks for braving the barren wastelands of my blogs, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete